- Mary Barra to become GM CEO when Dan Akerson Retires
- First Look – 2015 Ford Mustang
- Treasury No Longer Owns GM Common Stock
- Economist Says Auto Bailouts Saved More than 4 Million Jobs
- Macomb County Pol Touts Auto Recovery
- Colored Wheels – The Next Big Thing in Car Personalization?
- Holiday Shoppers Boost November U.S. Auto Sales
- Kia Korean-Built Sedona and Hyundai Entourage Recalls Active
- Used Vehicles Sales Strong in December. Trucks in Demand
- Milestones – Toyota Baja 10 Years of Tacoma Production
- Saab 9-3 Production Restarts in Trollhättan. Cars Going to China
- GM to Convert All Series B to Common. Dividend Coming?
- Matt Tsien New GM China President as Bob Socia Retires
- NASCAR Buys Faltering Iowa Speedway
- A Day of Thanksgiving for our Democracy
Tag Archives: camaro zl1
Ford is boasting that the ultimate Ford Mustang – Shelby GT500 – will offer the highest horsepower production V8 when the new 2013 model goes on sale next year. The 5.8-liter V8 aluminum-block supercharged engine is claimed to be rated at 650 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful production V8 in the world. The 3,850-pound car also will be exempt from the gas-guzzler tax, a claim that awaits EPA certification. Continue reading
The Camaro pony car is capable of speeds up to 184 mph and can traverse the pavement from a rolling start to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds, according to Chevrolet. As such, the Camaro ZL1 coupe presents strong competition not only for the performance versions of the Shelby Mustang, GT 500, but also the Cadillac CTS-V coupe (rated at 556 horsepower or 415 kW), which makes the coupe just as fast, arguably roomier and starts at $64,090. For the record, Camaro has consistently outsold the Mustang since its introduction Continue reading
The Camaro joins a production Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR (American Club Racer) that posted a 7:12.13 lap time on the12.9-mile Nürburgring Nordschleife last month, that was faster than a 2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, which posted a lap time of 7:19.63 back in June. Continue reading
The first 2012 Camaro ZL1 offered to the public sold for $250,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas last Saturday evening. The car was offered by Fairway Chevrolet-Buick-GMC in Las Vegas, with 100% of the auction proceeds benefitting the YMCA of Southern Nevada.
Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports and chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group, placed the winning bid and is expected to take delivery of his new Camaro in the first quarter of 2012. Hendricks’s son, Greg, is the president of Fairway Chevrolet. Continue reading
Earlier, less powerful 2011 production Camaro models faced about a 300 pound weight disadvantage against the Mustang because of a larger size and more sophisticated independent rear suspension. Nonetheless, Camaro has been easily outselling the Mustang since production reached normal line speeds. Continue reading