The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera is about to become the newest James Bond inspired car, thanks to the most recent collaboration between Aston Martin and EON Productions to make On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Bond films, 50 On Her Majesty’s Secret Service DBS Superleggera special edition cars will be sold. Painted Olive Green to match the original 1969 Aston Martin DBS driven by James Bond in the movie, DBS Superleggera has (marketing babble alert) “a new level of brutish elegance.”
As you might have guessed if you’re still reading, it’s 50 years since filming began for the sixth James Bond film, which told the story of Bond villain ‘Blofeld’ and his ongoing attempts to hold the world to ransom. The 1969 Aston Martin DBS provided James Bond with (more babble) “the perfect car for a man tasked with saving the world!”
This new DBS Superleggera has a 5.2-liter twin-turbo V12, 715 bhp engine. Aston claims that the V12 engine is set low and as far back in the chassis as possible to optimize the center-of-gravity and weight distribution. Aston rates it at 725PS at 6500 rpm and 900Nm from 1800-5000 rpm.
Tuning of the V12 along with an exhaust strategy with active valves and quad tail pipes ensures DBS Superleggera has a powerful sound, predominantly in the more aggressive dynamic modes, while “retaining a level of refinement and civility that compliments its role as the consummate Super GT.”
The special edition DBS Superleggera has carbon fiber splitter, aero blade and unique diamond turned and forged wheels. A different metal grille with six bright horizontal vanes, adorns the front of the car like a theater marquis. The exterior paint surface is enhanced with body colored cantrails and roof. “Bearing commemorative side strakes and unique touches throughout, the car is every inch ‘007’.”
On the inside, the DBS Superleggera is trimmed in pure black leather, accented by grey blend Alcantra, as in the original 1969 DBS. The cockpit is accented in red, inspired by the red trimmed glovebox in the original car, which held 007’s telescopic-sight rifle.
The 50 owners of this James Bond Special Edition will have the option to select an optional custom designed drinks case, which fits perfectly into the boot. In keeping with the theme, this accessory is the perfect complement to the exhibition worthy ‘Super GT’. The black drinks case opens via the bright metal clasp to reveal the matching red felt lined interior, with space for two bottles of champagne and four champagne flutes.
The On Her Majesty’s Secret Service DBS Superleggera special edition is the latest in a series of 007 inspired Aston Martins, which includes the Goldfinger DB5 continuation and the 2015 DB9 GT Bond Edition. Each of the 50 On Her Majesty’s Secret Service DBS Superleggera special editions will retail at £300,007.00, with first deliveries to customers commencing in Q4 2019.
- Peter Sellers DB4GT at Hampton Concours of Elegance
- Lagonda All-Terrain Concept to Debut at Geneva
- Aston Martin has Web Darling in Vanquish. Sales to Follow?
- Press Preview Failure Prompts Global Aston Martin Recall
- CounterFeit Chinese Pedal Causes Aston Martin Global Recall of All 2007 and Later Sports Cars
- Palmer Dumps Nissan for Aston Martin
- Aston Martin Runs GTD in What Will be a Fierce 24 Hour Daytona
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car has Aston Martin DB9, Rapide S Models
- Glub? Aston Martin Going into Submarine Business!
- April Fools – Aston Martin Project Sparta
- Aston Martin DBX SUV Prototype Now in Testing
- Aston Martin Cuts Deal with Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi
- Aston Martin Valkyrie Cosworth V12 Rated at 1000 Horsepower
- Aston Martin to Launch Expensive Track Experience Program
- Season of Luxury Lifestyle with Aston Martin
- Aston Martin Rapide E Driving Debut at Monaco