Today at the virtual Extraordinary General Meeting of Daimler AG (ticker DAI), the shareholders approved by an overwhelming majority on the realignment of the company. The spin-off of the truck and bus business and the subsequent listing of Daimler Truck Holding AG as an independent company on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange were approved by 99.90% of the capital stock represented for the resolution. About 3,000 viewers followed the virtual Extraordinary General Meeting on the Internet. A bare majority of 56.45% of the share capital was represented.
Shareholders approved at 99.89% of the votes cast renaming of Daimler AG as Mercedes-Benz Group AG effective 1 February 2022. The new name reflects the future focus on cars and vans of the brands Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, Mercedes-Maybach and Mercedes-EQ. The two measures must now be entered in the Commercial Register.
- Daimler Earns €4.0 billion in 2020
- Daimler Truck, Volvo Group Create “cellcentric” Fuel-Cell JV
- Cash Crunch? BMW and Daimler to Sell PARK NOW Joint Venture to EasyPark Group
- Daimler Raises Financial Targets After Strong Q1 Results
- Daimler Q2 Results – Group Net Profit of €3,704 million
- Daimler Boards Approve Spin Off of Mercedes-Benz Cars and Daimler Truck as Two companies. Shareholder Vote in October
Two current members of the Daimler Supervisory Board, Marie Wieck and Joe Kaeser, will step down from their positions and join the Supervisory Board of Daimler Truck Holding. As their successors in the Supervisory Board of Daimler AG, the shareholders elected Helene Svahn with a majority of 99.34% and Olaf Koch with a majority of 98.60% of what will become Mercedes-Benz Group. Around 3,000 viewers followed the virtual Extraordinary General Meeting on the Internet. A total of 56.45% of the share capital was represented.