- South African Metalworkers Win 35% Wage Increase
- Can Another Exploding Airbag Be the Fix for Interior Death?
- Gasp! Bentley Bentayga Diesel Debuts
- Hyundai Interseat Airbag Reduces Head Injuries 80%
- Controversial Federal Guidelines for Autonomous Vehicles Out
- Mazda Recalls Liftgate Struts on 580,455 Cars and Crossovers
- Unifor Reaches Deal with GM Canada. Strike Avoided
- More VW Diesel Woes – €800 Million German Suit
- Deer Claim Collision Warnings
- Triumph Land Speed Record Attempt Fails
- Pagenaud and Penske Take 2016 Indy Car Title
- FAA Issues Guidance on Exploding Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Ford, U-M Reach Deal to Embed FMC Engineers in Ann Arbor
- BYD has New Grid Linked Energy Generation/Storage Gear
- FCA Recalls 1.4 Million Cars, SUVs for Deadly Airbag Failures
Tag Archives: camaro zl1
Ford is boasting that the ultimate Ford Mustang – Shelby GT500 – will offer the highest horsepower production V8 when the new 2013 model goes on sale next year. The 5.8-liter V8 aluminum-block supercharged engine is claimed to be rated at 650 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful production V8 in the world. The 3,850-pound car also will be exempt from the gas-guzzler tax, a claim that awaits EPA certification. Continue reading
The Camaro pony car is capable of speeds up to 184 mph and can traverse the pavement from a rolling start to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds, according to Chevrolet. As such, the Camaro ZL1 coupe presents strong competition not only for the performance versions of the Shelby Mustang, GT 500, but also the Cadillac CTS-V coupe (rated at 556 horsepower or 415 kW), which makes the coupe just as fast, arguably roomier and starts at $64,090. For the record, Camaro has consistently outsold the Mustang since its introduction Continue reading
The Camaro joins a production Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR (American Club Racer) that posted a 7:12.13 lap time on the12.9-mile Nürburgring Nordschleife last month, that was faster than a 2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, which posted a lap time of 7:19.63 back in June. Continue reading
The first 2012 Camaro ZL1 offered to the public sold for $250,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas last Saturday evening. The car was offered by Fairway Chevrolet-Buick-GMC in Las Vegas, with 100% of the auction proceeds benefitting the YMCA of Southern Nevada.
Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports and chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group, placed the winning bid and is expected to take delivery of his new Camaro in the first quarter of 2012. Hendricks’s son, Greg, is the president of Fairway Chevrolet. Continue reading
Earlier, less powerful 2011 production Camaro models faced about a 300 pound weight disadvantage against the Mustang because of a larger size and more sophisticated independent rear suspension. Nonetheless, Camaro has been easily outselling the Mustang since production reached normal line speeds. Continue reading
2012 Camaro ZL1 Coupe Debuts with 550 Horsepower; and Technology Rivaling Corvette and Cadillac at $50,000?
The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 debuted today at the Chicago Auto Show. It will be without doubt the highest-performing Camaro, and Chevrolet claims that ZL1 is the most technically advanced car ever developed in its class.