- Mercedes-Benz to Increase Focus as a Luxury Car Company
- Lamborghini Joining IMSA GTP LMDh in 2024
- Record Auction Price – €135m for Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
- NHTSA Consumer Advisory – 2021 Expedition, Navigator Fires
- EU Passenger Car Sales Drop 21% in April
- Europe’s Diesel Car Problem – 20% of the Market!
- ASEAN Light Vehicle Sales Still Soaring in March
- CARB to Open New SoCal Headquarters to Public
- Honda Title Sponsor of the 2022 F1 Japanese Grand Prix
- Restricted Sale of Genesis GV60 EV Starts Today at $60,000
- A Closer Look at Biden’s 49 MPG CAFE Standard
- Mercedes-Benz USA – Stop Driving ML, GL, R-Class Vehicles
- CBO – Taxpayer Cost is $31B for Troubled Asset Relief Program
- Nissan Posts First Annual Profit in Three Years.
- Ford India Shelves EV Manufacturing Export Plans
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: zino
Still working its muscle car roots, the Mopar 300 has a 363 horsepower (hum the Charger was 370?) 5.7-liter Hemi V8 engine and a now dated five-speed automatic transmission. A change from a 3.06:1 to a 3.91:1 final-drive means zero-to-60 mph times in the low 5-second range, according to Chrysler, same as the Charger. Continue reading
PBGC Says American Airlines Workers Should Worry About Pensions and Medical Care – So Should Taxpayers
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation has called out what it says is misleading statements to American Airlines employees by its management about their pension plans under a bankruptcy reorganization. “American Airlines is telling their workers and retirees not to worry, … Continue reading
“ATS enters the biggest market segment in the global luxury car industry, both in terms of volume and importance,” said Barra.
No kidding. ATS better be good when it appears next fall.
But when I asked what GM consultant Bob Lutz was doing these days, Barra said she was trading e-mails with him about getting Lutz to drive a new Chevy Sonic, which has been on sale globally for a couple of years. While Barra called Lutz an “automotive rock star,” there was no hint in her brief response that she was spending any time with Lutz. Continue reading
Satisfaction with the new-vehicle sales process has improved from 2010, according to a new study released today. All sales satisfaction measures improved “notably” from 2010, with the greatest increase in the delivery process, despite the fact that the average length of time to complete the delivery portion of a new-vehicle sale has increased by four minutes to an average of 32 minutes in 2011. Continue reading
Toyota Motor has now returned near the sales levels it had in Q1 before the tragic Japan earthquake disrupted production for months. With the auto industry monthly sales running at the highest rates since August of 2009 when taxpayer subsidies boosted sales under the Cash for Clunkers program, Toyota seems ideally positioned top be back to full strength by early next year. As it is now Toyota has about a 14% market share in the U.S. even though year-to-date total sales are off a whopping 20%, at 1,384,558 vehicles. Continue reading
Overall, ytd Ford Motor has sold 1,938,666 vehicles, more than 500,000 vehicles ahead of Toyota Motor Sales. Continue reading
Increased sales of pickup trucks and full size vans dominated GM’s results. GM deliveries y-o-y showed a 34% increase in Chevrolet Silverado pickuo truck sales (34,251) and a 22% increase in GMC Sierra pickup sales at 11,971 Continue reading
BMW Group and Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announced today a memorandum of understanding (MOU) where the companies will research together the next-generation lithium-ion battery technologies. It is the latest example of automakers trying to decrease the astronomical cost of developing more efficient vehicles mandated by increasing stringent fuel economy or CO2 regulations. Continue reading